Organise your desktop with Ikea:re-blog from CR Blog
Hungarian ad agency Laboratory Ideas have come up with a nifty desktop app that allows you to organise your computer as if it were a set of Ikea shelves
We could make a very weak joke about flatpacks and allen keys here but suffice to say that Laboratory promise that their digital shelving unit is very straightforward to set up.
'Just like Ikea's furniture, the Ikea e-Folder set has to be assembled by you: it consists of a background picture with an Expedit storage unit and an icon set made of Ikea's very own organisers,' the agency say. 'Once you set it up, you can put order to the chaos on your desktop.'
For those wondering exactly how it works, or who would like to have a go, here are the English setup instructions for the Mac version:
1. Select the volume, application, folder, or file whose icon you want to stamp onto another, just click the icon to select it.
2. From the File menu, choose Get Info or press Command-I to open the Info window.
3. Click the icon in the upper-left corner of the Info window to select it.
4. From the Edit menu, choose Copy or press Command-C.
5. Select the volume, application, folder, or file whose icon you want to replace.
6. From the File menu, choose Get Info or press Command-I.
7. Click the icon in the upper-left corner.
8. From the Edit menu, choose Paste or press Command-V to replace the icon.
The e-Folder set can be downloaded from the Ikea sites in Hungary, Slovakia and the Czech Republic.
Advertising agency: Laboratory Ideas / Laboratory Digital, Budapest
Creative director: Sándor Haszon, Alex Szénássy
Copywriter: Judit Kun
Art director: Diána Pusztai, Sándor Haszon
Illustrator: Péter Muka
Developer: Gergely Muka