Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Memory Tapes “Yes I Know” from Najork

Memory Tapes “Yes I Know” from Najork:re-post from Motionographer


Memory Tapes "Yes I Know" from Najork on Vimeo.


When this video was sent to us multiple times throughout the week (thank you all for the submissions). I knew I needed to get in touch with Eric Epstein (Najork) to get some more understanding behind the project. This being his directorial debut, you might remember his Particular 2 Street Tests we posted back in 2009.

When this video was posted everywhere from antville to vimeo, there were questions about no use of CG in this music video. NO 3D software was used at all. This project was 100% After Effects believe it or not.

Eric was kind enough to give a little bit of background of how one of the shots was constructed as well a couple of screen grabs and videos.




[See post to watch QuickTime movie]

“In constructing that character, there was a progression from using mostly real footage to using none. The tracking dots all over the actor were used to move the masks cutting out the footage, as well as the pieces added in post. Both tasks made extensive use of AE’s puppet tool. Once the footage was properly carved out, I could start building in shapes behind it, sometimes sketching them out in photoshop first. Once these shapes seemed to work animated, I’d then fill them in with textures made from stills taken on set.

I will say that the IK thing was experimental more than necessary, and only used in a few shots.

I started with the scripts by DUDUF IK

No comments:

Post a Comment